Restaurants & Cafes
Tamworth boasts a wide range of quality eating experiences many featuring local produce at its finest.
Parks & Gardens
Tamworth has numerous parks and gardens all well maintained and perfect for a relaxing stroll or picnic:
- Bicentennial Park - boasting a relaxed atmosphere, friendly wildlife (ducks & birds) and interesting sculputes
- Tamworth Regional Playground
- Anzac Park - beautiful parkland featuring kids playground
- The Tamworth Regional Botanic Gardens over 28 hectares of gardens
- Marsupial Park & Adventure Playground - great for a BBQ or a fun outing with the kids
- Calala Cottage Museum - A historical walk back in time
- Tamworth Power Station Museum - one of the largest collections of early 20th century electrical appliances.
- Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum Houses more than 50 restored motorcycles from the 1950’s to 1980’s.
- Tamworth Miniature Railway - fun for all ages
- Regional Gallery - Peel Street, Tamworth
- Weswal Gallery & Cafe - Brisbane Street, Tamworth
- Fred Hillier Ceramics - Braefarm Rd, Moonbi
Tamworth boasts two quality Golf Courses:
Tamworth Golf Club
The tree-lined narrow fairways at the Tamworth Golf Club
Longyard Golf Club
The deep fairway bunkers at the Longyard Golf Club.
There are many beautiful and interesting drives you can take to explore the Tamworth Region. Mountains and plains are just short scenic drives away and quaint villages meet you along the road.
- Head out to the historic town of Nundle along the Fossickers Way
- Barraba, Manilla, Bendemeer, Kootingal and Moonbi are all charming towns to explore
Country Music Attractions
Some of the main country music attractions in town include:
- The Big Golden Guitar and the Gallery of Stars Wax Museum
- Hands of Fame located in the Park
Country Music Events
Tamworth welcomes visitors each January to its internationally acclaimed and world renowned Country Music Festival (one of the largest of its kind in the world).
On a smaller scale July sees the Hats Off to Country Music Festival (a weekend Festival showcasing Country Music).
- Tamworth loves live music. Come and discover the pubs and clubs featuring all styles of live music and entertainment.
- Catch the latest movie at the Forum 6 Cinemas
- The Capitol Theatre and the Entertainment Centre (TRECC) regularly present Australia's finest performers
- For fun for the whole family with ten pin bowling.
The Great Outdoors
- Tamworth and its surround has the perfect places for fishing and boating; Chaffey Dam, Lake Keepit, Sheeba Dam and the Peel River to name a few, as well as the Arc-en-Ciel Trout Farm.
- Horse events and Rodeos are regularly on show at the Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre (AELEC)
- Kamilaroi Track winds its way through the Oxley Park linking the Marsupial Park, Oxley Lookout & Flagstaff Mountain over a distance of several kilometers.
- Peel River Levee Bank - This is a lovely picturesque path that starts right next to the Paradise Tourist Park and leads you into Bicentennial Park, and the city centre.